Round Rock Public Library Welcomes Visitors from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Saturday and closed on Sunday. There is little seating, decals on the floor to indicate where people should stand while in line, and plexiglass screens at service counters and checkouts. Please be courteous and considerate of others and practice good social distancing by leaving at least 6 feet of space between each person. We encourage patrons to spend 30 minutes or less in the library.
Other service changes include:
- Face coverings are mandatory for visitors by city arrest.
- Monitored and measured visitor access.
- Currently, public computers are not available.
- Mobile printing is available.
- Study rooms, meeting rooms, literacy room and computer room are closed.
- The Family Place playground is closed.
- Book donations are not accepted.
- Interlibrary loan the service is available. (Expect longer than usual processing and transit times, and potentially shorter than usual loan times.)
- The courtesy phone is not available.
- The Texshare card program resumed on August 17, 2020.
Virtual programming will continue without in-person programming.
that of the library curbside pickup service, located in the Sheppard Street parking lot, is available from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday to Saturday. Here is how it works:
- The library will notify patrons by text or email that their reservations (up to 5 items) are available for collection.
- Customers will have 7 days from receipt of notification to use the curb to pick up items.
- Use the link in your email or text notification to schedule your pickup day. This form can be completed anytime up to 9:00 a.m. on the morning of pickup.
- Enter the Sheppard Street parking lot and pull over to a member of staff. Stay in the vehicle, put on your mask, and roll down the passenger side window to tell staff members your full name.
- The articles will already be checked out. Staff will collect the items and bring them to your vehicle.
- Returns must be made at the outside drop-off point located opposite the building. No exceptions.
Currently, public computers are not available. However, wireless printing is available. To claim submitted print jobs, please come to the second floor print station to print.
- You can print a maximum of 25 single-sided black and white, standard size only (8.5 “x11”) pages.
- We are unable to print password protected documents or documents that require login to accounts.
For any questions, please contact us at 512-218-7000.
What happens if I don’t wear a face cover when the municipal by-law requires it?
If a library employee notices or is informed that a client is not wearing a face covering, they will proactively inform the client that for the health and safety of all, face covering is mandatory for all clients and library employees. They will also offer to provide a mask if necessary.
If customers refuse to follow Town of Round Rock Face Coverage Policy while at the library, they will be denied service and could also lose their library privileges for at least as long as the City’s mandatory face covering ordinance is in effect.
If the customer continues not to wear their face covering, the library employee will report the incident so that it can be reviewed. The library management team will investigate the incident and take appropriate action regarding the client’s library privileges for future visits.
Can you get COVID-19 from books, DVDs, or other library materials?
RRPL has taken another step back to our pre-COVID service model. As of February 22, the library ended the quarantine process for returned library materials. Documents returned to the library will be recorded and returned to the collection without quarantine.
Library patrons who show symptoms of COVID are encouraged to keep the items at home. No outstanding fines are accumulating at this time.
In a recent update, the CDC noted that the virus spreads easily between people, but does not spread easily by touching surfaces. The CDC advises that the best way to protect yourself – and others – is to maintain a distance of six feet, wash your hands often, and wear a mask in public. Find out more here. If this makes you more comfortable, you can leave material borrowed from your library intact for at least 72 hours.
Do you accept donations?
Sorry no, we cannot process donations at this time.
This press release was produced by the town of round rock. The opinions expressed are those of the author.