It’s the season of scorching heat and weddings! The bride and groom and their families race from pillar to post to make the biggest day perfect. From location to food to clothes, everything should be not only the best, but also suitable for the hot season. If you are planning to get married and want everything to go well, all you have to do is calm down, sit down with a paper, your partner and family members and get started.
Since you will be getting married during some of the hottest months of the year, all things bright and vibrant will set the tone! It’s the best time to indulge in anything bohemian, tropical or nautical – dream catchers, fun stripes and flamingos are always a win!
“Choosing what season to get married in is a big decision. If you’ve chosen summer for its warm, sunny days, honor that choice with summer wedding invitations that reflect the time of year. Summer is the best time to experiment with fresh color palettes and original themes!The theme should be carried over into all communications,” says Dhruvi Doshi of Dhruvi Doshi Designs.
When it comes to summer weddings, venues, as well as other things, play an important role. Go for a venue that not only provides respite from the heat, but also helps you get some of the best clicks on your big day. Today, photoshoots are an important part of any celebration, be it a wedding, anniversary, pregnancy or birthday.
From the brightest sunlight to the moodiest sunsets, depending on the look you’re going for, natural lighting will play a huge role in the colors, shadows, and overall tone of your photos. “For summer weddings, the ideal time to have photo shoots is early morning and evening. Dress should be casual and the couple should opt for comfortable clothes. 3:00 p.m. because the sunlight is harsh. For locations, you need to choose a location that offers the best of both worlds, indoors and outdoors. You need to go for minimalist shoots and have fans of haze at all your events. The mehendi party could be combined with a pool party since everything is open now,” says Megha Israni, Founder of Israni Photography & Love And Memories.
Echoing similar sentiments, Nidhi Sahi, Founder of Enjay Events, adds, “In India, we have most of the hotels that also have rooms inside, so you plan few functions but you always have the option to go inside. You should also cover outdoor areas in the afternoon and provide relaxing services such as foot massage and spa to customers. In India, there are many things you can do to get customers engaged and not feeling the heat, like many of the points above.
Some practical advice
1. Choose a “nice” place: Decide to say yes in a “cool” place, near the beach. You have a beautiful natural backdrop for all your photos and can make an entrance from the beach. Turn your mehendi/haldi into a pool party or rain dance for people to get wet and enjoy the weather. It makes the function a lot of fun and the guests enjoy it.
2. Unique Color Palettes: Opt for bright colors or romantic pastels. Summer weddings are great for all things floral too! From your invitation suite to the return of favors, you won’t regret using seasonal flowers. Keep your printed invitation suite light and fun. Include summer favorites like seashells and pearls if the destination calls for it
3. Versatile Communication: The summer vibe you create should extend to all communication with guests. Ritual cards can be used as fans during the wedding ceremony. It’s not only a fun way to keep guests involved, but also to put them at ease. Instead of traditional shapes, invitations and welcome cards, choose unconventional shapes like seashells, stars or hexagons.
4. Present your destination: A personalized illustration of the wedding venue is sure to set your invitation apart and give guests a glimpse of your big day. If you’re having a destination wedding, chances are there’s a pattern or motif that could symbolize the local culture, incorporate those details into your theme. Also add destination notes to your monogram, this will definitely add a personal touch to your wedding invitation suite.
5. Photo shoot time: Picking the perfect time is important when it comes to summer weddings. You can take the “noon” hour when the sun is at its highest point. Shooting outdoors at this time of day will provide ample amounts of fill and key lighting, making it easier to light subjects and get a bright, clear shot.
Golden hour is also a favorite when it comes to summer photo shoots. The golden hour is the first hour of light after sunrise and the last hour of light before sunset. This warm color temperature bathes everything in a “golden” glow. This is very flattering for portraits and creates a warm and cozy look.
You should go for minimal and candid shots in summer, let the camera capture your real candid moments. Going with trendy couple portraits is something you should look at.
6. Summer videos: Flex your creative muscles by choosing an appropriate theme for your big day. Keep the save the date video light and fun and enjoy the process (after all, you can only do one). Do you feel silly striking super serious poses and doing scripted bits? Ignore them and replace them with something else.
6. Food: Plan a weather-appropriate food menu with live counters and light foods. Include cooling drinks such as kokum, coconut water, sugar cane juice, iced golas to beat the heat.
(To receive our daily E-paper on WhatsApp, please Click here. We allow the PDF of the document to be shared on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)
Posted: Sunday 03 April 2022, 07:00 IST