Biskie and Josh end our breakfast-themed week with a French toast casserole as the grand finale.
French Toast has been the most requested breakfast dish by our viewers and staff, so we are excited to make all delicious breakfast dreams come true today!
Nothing goes with a French toast casserole like homemade whipped topping, that you can find here.
For this French Toast Casserole, you will need:
- ½ loaf of French bread (about 8 oz) cut into cubes
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, for garnish
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Butter a 13×9-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, stir in brown sugar until dissolved and mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 pan and spread evenly.
- Add the bread cubes to the pan, spreading them on top of the brown sugar/butter mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and 1 tsp cinnamon. Pour egg mixture over top of bread cubes, making sure all bread pieces are saturated. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy!
You can find a printable version of this recipe here.